Well-readable and logically-structured code is necessary not merely for outlook. It speeds considerably bug hunting. If you are a developer and are working in the group, there arises another important aspect. The code should be clean and understandable by other developers you are working with.
Before using these tools and services make sure you have a backup of your data.
WordPress Themes – only new and fresh WordPress Themes available for free download.
WordPress Themes – a great compilation of appealing and functional WordPress themes under one roof.
4. Ruby Script Beautifier is itself written in Ruby, and it is surprisingly short. The script accepts a command-line list of file names, creates a backup copy of each named file and beautifies the originals. If there is an indentation error (an imbalance of opening and closing keywords), the script will print an error message but will save the result anyway. Indentation errors that appear in functional scripts are obviously the fault of the beautifier, not the script.
6. CSS Beautifier offers a variety of options, among them – Style Rule Settings, Style Property Settings, Alphabetizing Feature and De-Capitalization Feature.
7. CSS Formatierer und Optimierer is based on csstidy 1.3dev. The service is available in 4 languages : English, Deutsch, French, Chinese. It provides different compression layouts; you can sort selectors, properties, regroup selectors, optimize shorthands, compress colors, compress font-weight, discard invalid properties and add timestamps. It also allows to create a custom template the system will use to format the code. Note that your code should be well-formed. This is not a validator which points out errors in your CSS code.
8. Highlight.js is a tool that highlights syntax in code examples on blogs, forums and in fact on any web pages. It’s very easy to use because it works automatically: finds blocks of code, detects a language, highlights it. It also allows highlighting for code examples marked up with writing syntaxes like Markdown where there is no way to specify HTML
10. PHP Formatter is a free tool is designed to apply your own style. This is handy for the following reasons: you’ve downloaded an unreadable script or a script that doesn’t fit your style, years ago you made a script that doesn’t fit your current style, you want to publish your script, but it has to fit the PEAR style. There’s an option to color the code, delete newlines and/or comments and comment after control structures. Formatted code works exactly the same as non-formatted code. You can use your own styles. It’s suitable for PHP 4 and PHP 5. There’s an option to link PHP functions to the manual.
11. PHP_Beautifier is a Open Source PHP application, distributed under the terms of PHP Licence 3.0. This program tries to reformat and beautify PHP 4 and PHP 5 code automatically. This tool may be useful for developers who get PHP code from other coders and are slightly confused, for those who can’t read their own PHP code anymore, and for those who want to share their PHP code.
You can use the source code of this beautifier to creat your own code formatters.
14. Tidy consists of many program libraries and comes in many variations:
- TidyGUI is a Windows GUI encapsulation of Dave Raggett’s HTML Tidy, a free utility application from the World Wide Web Consortium that helps you clean up your web pages.
- HTML Tidy When editing HTML it’s easy to make mistakes. Dave Raggett’s HTML TIDY is a free utility for fixing the mistakes. It also works great on the atrociously hard to read markup generated by specialized HTML editors and conversion tools, and can help you identify where you need to pay further attention on making your pages more accessible to people with disabilities.
- HTML Validator Firefox Extension