Just sign up with one of these services and they’ll send you E-mail reminders
for any occasion, from birthdays to anniversaries to doctor’s appointments to
business meetings. Many of these services also offer free online, customizable
calendars, as well as personalized online appointment books, schedule managers
and much more. These services offer a great way to
get your life organized.
- Emergencyemail – Get notified of an emergency or the weather by email, wireless, cell phone or
pager. The Emergency Email and Wireless Network provides free service for public
notification, e-mail and messaging. To get started, select your state and county
from the lists provided and follow the instructions. (U.S. only).
- Bigdates helps you remember and take action on the big dates in your life like
birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays. Reminders are sent by e-mail and cell
phone. Cell phone reminders are brief text messages sent to your cell phone
e-mail address. E-mail reminders include “smart suggestions” of paper greeting
card, free e-greetings and gifts appropriate for that special someone. You can
cancel at any time. Your reminders will be stopped and your account and reminder
information will be permanently deleted.
- Happybirthday lets you store reminders about upcoming birthdays. You can
store up to 25 separate birthday reminders, and specify whether you want to be
reminded 3, 7 or 14 days before each recorded date.
- MemoToMe – is a simple free reminder
service that sends you email to remind you of one-time or recurring events. It
is one of the service that takes into account your time zone (which is specified
during account setup, including the setting of Daylight Savings Time according
to US or Euro Union rules).
- Tunestracker searches the iTunes Music Store daily for the artists, composers, and song titles that
you choose, and sends e-mail notification when new songs are available that
match your criteria. Or, you can get updates via an RSS feed or on the web site.
You can have up to 50 search phrases, which should be enough for the most
die-hard music addict.
- Freeminder is a free site which will send you a helpful email to remind you of important dates, such as
birthdays, anniversaries or even just business meetings. You can add a note to
each event that will be sent to you in the reminder email. Free Minder allows
you to specify a backup address so that you can for instance receive reminders
both at home and at work.